Friday, July 31, 2009

Week 3 Wrap up for my Jimmy V training

I was able to put on the extra miles this week!

I started the week with 41 miles on Sunday morning. It was good group ride with a few attacks and sprints to keep things interesting. Wednesday was a 23 miler from SAS that took me to the edge of western Cary and a goose crossing. Friday, today, was a 20 miler with the SAS Pro Team and I got dropped as usual, but had a partner in crime to ride the rest of the way back.

The body is feeling good after 84 miles this week. I going to try to get in another 40 plus mile ride over the weekend as I need to build up to 50,60 and finally 70 miles before the Jimmy V Ride for Cancer Research.

Unfortunately the donations fell off this week after a super-strong first 2 weeks that got me to 70% of my goal. No pressure here, the net difference will come out of the kids college fund. ;-)

But seriously, Thank YOU to everyone who has already donated!!
Whether you've donated, are thinking about donating or just can't do it right now, please spread the word to friends and family who might want to support this cause.

Thank you, and have a great weekend everyone!

- Dwight.

No comments:

Post a Comment