Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Two weeks till the Denver Rock n Roll Half

Training has been going great. I'm only running 3 days a week and still improving so I don't see any need to increase the miles per week, other than the long run. This past Sunday was 12 miles and I decide to do a modified "Calloway method" of running 9 minutes and then walking 1. My average per mile was 11 seconds better than the 10 mile race the previous week.
So get that, I walked, I ran 2 extra miles, I was on my own (no buddy to push me along) and I improved my time! I think I'm sticking with this method!!

So far this week weights on Monday, intervals on Tuesday and I rode 19 miles over lunch. Tomorrow is a 5 miler at about 9 minute pace, a ride on Friday and 13 miles on Sunday. Next week will be tapering for the big race.

See you in Denver,

Moot.

No comments:

Post a Comment